Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mollie Sugden, BBC's Mrs. Noah and Mrs. Slocombe, Dead at 86

While not the kind of thing we usually cover here, I did watch a number of Mollie Sudgen's shows as a kid. I assume you did too. One of my neighbors was a big Are You Being Served? fan so I tuned in from time to time, and I caught the entire 6-episode run of Come Back Mrs. Noah, an apparently now reviled show in which a housewife wins a cooking contest and accidentally gets blasted off into space.



It's nothing if not creative. There aren't many sci-fi comedies, outside of Red Dwarf and King of Queens* few have any sort of success. Anyway, if you were also one of those kids who watched these show and haven't thought twice about them in the past 15 years, you may now mourn the passing of a hard-working entertainer.

No comments: